CASS is a local public agency that partners with state and county agencies and the agricultural industry to:
- Protect our supply of food and fiber
- Protect our environment and natural resources
- Maintain the economic viability of our agricultural industry
Services CASS Provides:
- CASS provides flexible and cost effective services for agricultural project needs throughout California.
- CASS is able to contract with State and local public agencies to carry out seasonal, temporary, or emergency plant pest survey, trapping, and eradication projects.
- CASS has staff working throughout all major agricultural production areas in California to provide commodity grading and certification services using federal, State, or industry standards for product quality, condition, maturity, size, and/or pack.
In partnership with the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the United States Department of Agriculture, CASS assists agricultural producers and industry groups in developing and implementing auditing programs based upon Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) principles and guidelines.